Clyst Valley Computers Exeter ©2017
1, Type “msconfig” or “System Configuration” into the seach box and select “System Configuration” from the top of the list. The window in stage 2 opens.
2. Select the “services” tab from the system configuration window.
3. Click hide all Microsoft services and disable all.
4. Then select the “Startup” tab.
5. Click on “Open Task Manager” and the window similar to that show against 6 will open.
6. Select the “Startup” tab and disable all start up programs one at a time.
7. Restart you computer and check if this solved your problems. If it did, selectively re-
8. The next stage is to selectively re-
Here is your search box.
We have more advice and options for you to consider, this involves the possibility of your virus software, or your Firewall blocking applications. To check your computer further see turning off virus and firewall.
It is a good idea to create a recovery disk as this may help you to restore your computer should you have a serious problem with it. I conjunction with a recovery disk creating a disk image is also advised, this should be created on a separate external drive, see how.
|Repairs & upgrades|